Data Analyst/Scientist - Buildings IoT
Are you the kind of person who believes in changing the world through advanced data analytics and pattern recognition? Do you want to change the way buildings use energy? Do you love a big challenge needing a big solution? If so, this is a great opportunity for you! Kodaro is seeking a full-time data analyst/scientist to focus on data collected from building systems. This position is located in Pleasant Hill, CA.
Kodaro was created to help contractors, controls companies and end-users find value in building data from the edge to the cloud. Our software improves connectivity between systems, giving increased access to better data so we can provide actionable analytic information. Our customers include some of the most prestigious and well-known organizations in the world. We help enhance their brand names by providing custom-designed, automated engineering solutions for their facilities. For more information on Kodaro, visit our website at kodaro.com
This position is responsible for performing data analysis on millions of data points and billions of rows of time series data collected from applications and solutions in the building automation and controls market. This is commonly referred to as Buildings IoT (Internet of Things). There is an emphasis on identifying patterns in the billions of rows to find waste and inadequate performance of the system(s) operating the building. The goal is to reduce the amount of energy required to operate the building while maintaining ideal comfort, security, and tenant satisfaction. The successful candidates will utilize existing software rules and will develop new rules and algorithms to further analyze the data.
- Apply machine learning algorithms to building automation data.
- Develop and implement data analytics strategies.
- Follow established methods of building data analytics.
- Demonstrate competency in database and analytics applications.
- Provide consulting to sales and projects team on results.
- Work with User Experience team to adequately visualize results for clients.
- Be responsible for and initiate self-development to elevate job knowledge and self-education.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or related. MS a plus.
- Programming/scripting experience in Python, Axon, R, Matlab or related. Other programming experience a plus.
- Experience with HVAC equipment and controls a plus.
- High levels of logical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience in data extraction, data cleansing, data profiling and manipulation for reporting (you can list specific tools if you want, but a tool can be learned).
- Ability to apply analytical techniques to a wide variety of data.
- Ability to organize material and summarize findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects, deadlines and responsibilities.
- Capable of dealing with all levels of management, client executives, and client representatives.
Pay and Benefits
Kodaro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary depending on qualifications. The overall benefits package includes medical, vision, and dental insurance along with a 401k with company contributions. Paid vacations are offered as well.
Due to high response, we are not currently accepting resumes for this Data Analyst position. Please check back on our Careers page for more employment opportunities in the future.