Senior Software Engineer
Kodaro, the building automation software company, is looking for a full-time Senior Software Engineer to help build our next-generation enterprise applications for the Buildings IOT industry. We’re changing the way the building environment understands, reacts and adapts through technology. Our software increases the longevity of building assets, improves the comfort of building occupants and helps building owners achieve higher efficiency.
The ideal senior software engineer for Kodaro has proven experience across the full software stack developing and deploying secure, scalable, intuitive, multi-persona enterprise web and mobile applications to Fortune 500 entities. Experience in the buildings industry is a plus, though not required.
Our technical teams are located in Ottawa, Canada and Pleasant Hill, California. The person in this position will work onsite in one of these two locations with occasional travel between the two sites.
- Write code, participate actively and regularly in development, build prototypes, conduct code reviews, coach and mentor subordinates and colleagues
- Collaborate with our Chief Architect to drive continuous improvement in software engineering development, security, quality assurance and testing practices
- Interact with our product managers and customers to understand and break down business requirements
- Ensure strong commitment to on-time and quality delivery through an Agile process
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, ECS, RDS, etc.)
- Extensive experience and a strong understanding of Java and Java principles and patterns
- Strong automated testing mentality in a CI/CD environment
- Complete understanding of database technologies and ETL pipelines
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5-10+ years of demonstrable development experience in cloud-based enterprise software
- Full stack engineer with excitement for creating engaging user experiences while ensuring long-term code maintainability
- Experience working with distributed teams through an Agile process
- Experience working in Microservice architectures
- Experience developing and deploying solutions for web and mobile applications
- Experience working with automated and continuous delivery processes
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Expertise building and scaling systems
- Must be familiar with hardware and network architectures that support enterprise applications
- Preferred experience and/or exposure to the following technologies:
- - Java
- - PostreSQL
- - Docker and Kubernetes
- - Okta, SSO integration
- - REST API, GraphQL and other API technologies
Kodaro provides software solutions to the building automation industry. We help contractors, controls companies and end-users find value in building data from the edge to the cloud. Our software improves connectivity between systems, giving increased access to better data so we can provide actionable analytic information. Our customers include some of the most prestigious and well-known organizations in the world. For more information on Kodaro, review this website.
Pay and Benefits
Kodaro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary depending on qualifications. The overall benefits package includes paid vacation, medical, vision, and dental insurance along with a 401k with company contributions.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.